Friday, May 14, 2010

Shopping Cart Lady

I noticed something strange over the course of the last couple of months. The number of discarded shopping carts in the ravine behind my house has increase by about 200%. I understand one or two because of teenagers and thrill seekers. There are currently four that I can see and another three down the river a little bit. I also noticed that a house down the street has a shopping cart now and then in front of it's entrance. Sometimes it's a small one like Shopper's Drug-mart, other times it's a big darn green one from Food Basics. But there has been a consistent amount of shopping carts there over the last 8 months. My house backs out onto a path and a ravine where people walk to take the train or to the mall. I saw the lady that lives in that house several times rolling a shopping cart home full of stuff every now and again. Putting one and two together I realize that this woman must be dumping these carts when she is done with them. I plan to get pictures of her downing these carts because this has to stop. It make our neighborhood look like a ghetto.

The worst part is this woman brings these carts home with her kids, what kind of example is this setting. I understand someone not owning a car steeling a shopping cart to carry good back but dumping the cart in the ravine is just plain laziness.

I should report this lady. I actually thought about it but how crazy would I sound. "Hello police, I think I might have solved the great shopping cart caper of 2010." Maybe I should contact the stores. Maybe they can flag her in their system.


No she's not anything like lovable yet strange Bubbles from the Trailer Park Boys. She's a breed of her own this lady, let me tell you. There something a little bit off about her. She yells at her dog and I don't mean "Rover get over here" I mean a lot of curse words and colorful metaphors. I did see her hit and kick her dog once too.
I can't stand these types of people. They should be heavily medicated and supervised. Having this lady roaming around is a public nuisance. This is the type of woman that the headlines would read "...murdered entire family amidst unusual amount of shopping carts".

No comments:

Post a Comment