Monday, April 5, 2010

Five Favorite Foods From The Past

1 - Squeeze Cheese - Onion flavored cheese in a plastic tube. I used to love these until they we're pulled from the market because a couple of people died by squeezing it into their mouths and chocking. Idiots never learn.
This is the only picture I can find on the web. 
Was I the only one?


2 - McDonald's Pizza - Am I the only one that loved their pizza? I did love it. It would come out so piping hot it could burn your tongue. You had to watch yourself and give it a minute to cool down. This was all part of the fun.

 The other great thing was the salt factor. It had plenty and it was great. That's enough about that, I'm going to start crying!

3 - Pops Cereal Before Standardization - Only the cereal before they standardized the size of each individual pop. They used to be different sizes, did you know that? Big ass ones and little tiny ones, they we're like little puffs from heaven. Then they standardized and regulated the puffs. Now they all have to look the same and act the same. It is something Germany did in 1941 I believe. The felt real, not made by some machine. A little damn randomness wouldn't kill you.








4 - The Centered Dough Ball - This one is practically impossible to find now days. Many of you might remember that pizza used to come with a ball of pizza dough right in the middle to keep the box from squishing it.









Since the invention of that damn miniature table, this has disappeared. Oh how I loved thy big ball of dough. I make one myself every time I make a pizza from scratch. Even though I don't have a box to put it in.







5 - Laura Secord Dark Chocolate Pudding Cans - I remember when pudding came in a can, not a carcinogenic riddled plastic, a darn can. These tasted awesome. I think they we're Laura Secord. With a white or green label. This was in the 80s for sure. Does anyone remember these? Damn Bill Cosby and his Jello empire, they put these out of business!

No comments:

Post a Comment